These website content standards apply to any and all material on this site or contributed to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter of The Faith Alliance of Southwestern Ohio By-laws and the Vision and Purposes stated therein:
Churches will be the catalyst for people in West Chester and Liberty Township to reach beyond them and address the needs of their neighbors. Working collaboratively, the Faith Alliance can reach people never before reached and open the gates for the Spirit of God to influence change that will impact the community immeasurably more than imagined.
- Initially acquaint the people of Liberty Township and West Chester with the love of Christ by proactively connecting them with available resources that meet their basic human and spiritual needs,
- Collaboratively empower people and churches to share the love of Christ with the community in ways never seen before,
- Support events that are organized for the charitable and/or educational purposes that qualify under section 501(c) 3 of the IRS code, and
- Encourage partnering of churches and leveraging of existing efforts and resources by churches in serving the needs of the community..
These standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole. Furthermore, any contribution must also comply with the following additional standards:
* Be accurate (where they state facts).
* Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
* Comply with applicable law in the Ohio and the United States of America.
Contributions must not:
* Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
* Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
* Promote sexually explicit material.
* Promote violence.
* Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
* Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
* Be likely to deceive any person.
* Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
* Promote any illegal activity.
* Be threatening, abuse or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
* Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
* Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
* Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
* Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful, unethical or act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
In order to maintain its integrity as a Christian organization in service to the entirety of its community, it is critical that The Faith Alliance maintain neutrality in regard to any partisan political activity. The Faith Alliance does not endorse, support or promote any political party or candidate (incumbents or new office seekers; members of their staffs; or campaign representatives) or any partisan political activity.
Further, it is the intent and expectation of The Faith Alliance that all contributors to the Faith Alliance Website, including and especially its Board, Partners, Partner Liaisons and Staff avoid the submission of any content that could reasonably be interpreted as official Faith Alliance, support, or promotion of political candidates or partisan political activities endorsement. In addition, The Faith Alliance reserves the right to determine when and if to post or withhold from posting any content that in its sole judgement of The Faith Alliance determined to contravene or disregard this necessary position of this neutrality
Nothing in this statement should be construed to limit the right or ability of any Board member, Partner, Staff or other contributor to The Faith Alliance website to express personal opinions or to exercise his or her right to engage in political activities other than where those thoughts, expressions and actions may be misinterpreted as official Faith Alliance endorsement, support, or promotion of political candidates or partisan political activities.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of website use, Upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
* Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
* Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
* Issue of a warning to you.
* Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
* Further legal action against you.
* Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
* We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
The Faith Alliance of Southwest Ohio (the “Faith Alliance”) provides the content on this website (www.thefaithalliance.org), other Faith Alliance Social Media Sites, and third-party sites on which it maintains a presence in support of its mission for the “increase and diffusion of knowledge.” The Faith Alliance invites visitors to use its online content for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes. By using the FA Website, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms.
The Faith Alliance is the owner of the compilation of content that is posted on the FA Website, which consists of text, images, audio, video, databases, design, codes and software (“Content”). However, The Faith Alliance does not necessarily own each component of the compilation. The Content that The Faith Alliance makes available on the FA Website may be owned by The Faith Alliance, owned by others and used with their permission (such as user-generated content), or used in accordance with applicable law. Some Content is in the public domain and some Content is protected by third party rights, such as copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, privacy, and contractual restrictions.
Where Faith Alliance Content is identified as having “no known copyright restrictions” then Faith Alliance is unaware of any copyright restrictions on its use. This may mean that: (1) a copyright existed at one time but was not renewed, or the copyright may have expired, or the owner may have intentionally placed the Content into the public domain; or (2) the Content was never eligible for copyright protection because it was created by an employee of the United States as part of his or her official duties, or (3) there are no copyright markings or other indications on the Content to indicate that it was copyrighted or otherwise restricted; or (4) Faith Alliance records do not indicate any evidence of copyright restrictions. These facts do not necessarily mean that the Content is in the public domain, but rather indicate that no evidence has been found to show that copyright restrictions apply.
The Faith Alliance endeavors to provide information that it possesses about the copyright status of the Content and to identify any other terms and conditions that may apply to use of the Content (such as trademark, rights of privacy or publicity, donor restrictions, etc.); however, The Faith Alliance can offer no guarantee or assurance that all pertinent information is provided or that the information is correct in each circumstance. It is your responsibility to determine what permission(s) you need in order to use the Content and, if necessary, to obtain such permission. If you have specific questions or information about Content on the FA Website, please contact the appropriate Faith Alliance program associated with the Content.
The Faith Alliance welcomes you to make fair use of the Content as defined by copyright law.Information on United States copyright fair use law is available from the United States Copyright Office: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html. Please note that you are responsible for determining whether your use is fair and for responding to any claims that may arise from your use.
In addition, The Faith Alliance allows personal, educational, and other non-commercial uses of the Content on the following terms:
* You must cite the author and source of the Content as you would material from any printed work.
* You must also cite and link to, when possible, the FA Website as the source of the Content.
* You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices including attribution information, credits, and notices, that are placed in or near the text, images, or data.
* You must comply with all terms or restrictions other than copyright (such as trademark, publicity and privacy rights, or contractual restrictions) as may be specified in the metadata or as may otherwise apply to the Content.
Unauthorized Uses Require Prior Written Permission
You may not use the Content for commercial purposes. This means that you may not sell the Content or sell materials, products or services that use and incorporate the Content, nor may you use the Content to promote or advertise products or services. If you wish to use the Content for any purpose beyond the permitted uses, such as a commercial use or publication (except as may be permitted by fair use under the copyright law), you must obtain prior written permission from The Faith Alliance (or other owner of the Content as applicable).
Send your permission request or other inquiries, including requests for higher quality formats, including high resolution digital images, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Content you wish to use.
Many of the names, titles, trademarks, service marks, and logos that appear on the FA Website are registered or common law (unregistered) marks of The Faith Alliance. With the exception of fair use, you may not use The Faith Alliance trademarks without prior written permission.
Trademarks of third parties may also appear on the FA Website from time to time. You agree that nothing on the FA Website shall be construed as granting any license to use any Trademark displayed on the FA Website without the express written permission of the owner of the trademark.
The Faith Alliance provides certain interactive features, such as blogs, for the exchange of ideas and information by visitors in furtherance of its mission. Accordingly, The Faith Alliance encourages you to interact with its site, subject to the following conditions:
* All content submitted must be clearly within the bounds of the Faith Alliance Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Faith Alliance.
* You are solely responsible for the content that you submit.
* By posting content, you are giving The Faith Alliance and those authorized by The Faith Alliance permission to use it for any educational, promotional or other standard purpose.
* You will not post any content that is off-topic, partisan-political, contains personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
* You will only post content that is yours or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and the related intellectual property rights.
* You will not insert your own or a third party’s advertising or promotional content into your posting.
* You understand that The Faith Alliance may monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards or any other postings from time to time.
You understand that The Faith Alliance assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the posting of your content or for any error, defamation, libel, omission, obscenity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any posted information or from any failure or delay in removing such content.
You will not introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
* You agree that you will not collect information about the users of this website or use such information for any purpose.
* You are not under the age of 13.
The Faith Alliance reserves the right to monitor content or information provided by visitors and deny, edit or remove any content that, in The Faith Alliance’s judgment, does not comply with the foregoing rules. The Faith Alliance is not responsible for any user-generated content that is posted on the FA Website or for any failure or delay in removing such content.
If you have any complaints or objections to Content posted on the FA Website because it was not properly credited or it was posted without permission and you are the copyright owner, please contact the Faith Alliance at email@example.com with your contact information and a link to the relevant Content.
The Faith Alliance may link to third party sites which are not under the control of The Faith Alliance. These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only, and they do not indicate The Faith Alliance’s endorsement, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the third party or content of the linked website, including any advertisements that may be posted. The Faith Alliance has no control over, makes no representation or warranty and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the externally linked sites.
Linking is an important feature that facilitates searching and making connections among Website. If you link to the FA Website, you agree to present the link in a manner that does not give the impression that The Faith Alliance endorses, whether expressly or implicitly, any products, services or opinions provided on your website and that the link contain a clearly written notice that the user is leaving your website and accessing another.
The Content is provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. The Faith Alliance shall not be responsible or liable for any damage that may occur due to your use of FA Website or downloading any Content from the FA Website.
Thank you for visiting The Faith Alliance network of Website and reviewing our Privacy Statement. The Faith Alliance does not collect personal information about visitors to our Website unless you choose to provide that information to us. The Faith Alliance will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested.
This Privacy Statement applies to the online activities of The Faith Alliance and onsite interactive activities (collectively “Websites”).
When you visit our Website, we routinely gather and store the following information about your visit so that we can track the use of our Website in order to make improvements. This information is stored and used in the aggregate only, and is not used to contact you personally:
* The IP address from which you access our Website;
* The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, gmail.com, if you are connecting from a Google account);
* The type of browser and operating system used to access our Website;
* The date and time you access our sites;
* The pages, files, documents and links that you visit; and
* The domain of the website which referred you to this Website (the last website you visited before visiting this one).
The Faith Alliance Website uses third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to place cookies and analyze the information collected by cookies in order to make The Faith Alliance Website more interesting and useful to you. No personally identifiable information is collected. Any information that we collect from cookies will not be used to create profiles of individual users and only will be used in aggregate form. The data is retained for as long as necessary to support the mission of The Faith Alliance Website.
Additionally, The Faith Alliance website may use the Demographics and Interest reporting feature for Google Analytics. The data provided by this service (such as age, gender, and interests) is used to better understand visitors to these Websites and more appropriately customize and refine our Website to our users’ interest. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by visiting Ad Settings.
The Faith Alliance’s Website will only collect personal information which you knowingly and voluntarily provide by, for example, sending emails, completing membership forms, registering for classes, events, or other programs, responding to surveys or ordering merchandise. If you provide us with personal information, we will normally respond to your inquiry, request or order. We may also contact you to provide information about Faith Alliance activities, programs, membership and development opportunities, products and special events that may interest you. Except as described below, we will not share your name or information outside The Faith Alliance unless you affirmatively authorize us to do so by opting-in.
When we send you such information by email, you will always have an immediate opportunity to decline further communication. Please use the contact specified in the email so that we can remove you from the list that contains your name. If you are uncertain about whom to contact, you may contact our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Faith Alliance uses outside vendors to provide certain services, such as companies that process credit card transactions for The Faith Alliance. These third-party vendors will have access to the information needed to perform their functions, but may not use your information for any other purpose. The Faith Alliance may, on occasion, rent or exchange select member name and address information with other charitable or cultural non-profit organizations. If that were to take place, you will be notified of any such sharing and provided an opportunity to opt-out.
There may be sites within The Faith Alliance’s network of linked Website where you may choose to receive information from non-Faith Alliance entities. If you opt-in, you may receive correspondence from these organizations on programs, products or services that might interest you. If you decide to opt-out of receiving any further correspondence from a non-Faith Alliance entity, please correspond directly with that business or organization to be removed from its mailing list.
Please note that The Faith Alliance also may provide your information to: (1) a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency if The Faith Alliance becomes aware of a violation or potential violation of law or regulation; (2) a court or party in a court or Federal administrative proceeding if The Faith Alliance is a party or in order to comply with a subpoena; (3) the Department of Justice or in certain legal proceedings when The Faith Alliance, an employee of The Faith Alliance, or the United States is a party to litigation or has an interest in the litigation and the use of such records is deemed relevant and necessary to the litigation; (4) Faith Alliance officials, as needed to perform official duties; (5) protect the security or integrity of The Faith Alliance Website and services; and (6) any other person or entity as required by law.
Any further sharing or disclosure requires your consent.
The Faith Alliance takes reasonable steps to design and manage our Website technology to ensure that its information technology systems, applications, and information technology infrastructure are secure. The Faith Alliance requires credit card processing be secured based on compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. When you use your credit card for any purchase on a Faith Alliance Website, that transaction is always encrypted when traveling over the Internet.
As appropriate and feasible, The Faith Alliance monitors network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to access, upload, or change information or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized access and/or unauthorized attempts to change information on Faith Alliance Website is strictly prohibited and punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. In addition to limiting access to personal information to those who have a business “need to know”, The Faith Alliance requires its service providers who help maintain or operate its Website to contractually agree to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of the personal information.
Within The Faith Alliance’s Website there are embedded applications, plug-ins, widgets or links to non-Faith Alliance Website (collectively “sites”). These sites operate independently of The Faith Alliance and have their own privacy policies. When you visit these sites, you leave our Website and no longer will be subject to our privacy and security policies. The Faith Alliance is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of other sites, and such sites are not intended to be an endorsement of those sites or their content.
The Faith Alliance’s Website are intended to be accessible and enjoyed by general audiences. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, without first providing the parent or legal guardian with notice and obtaining prior verifiable consent. All content is specifically designed to be “Kid friendly” and any person or persons submitting content for publication to the Faith Alliance website must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
The Faith Alliance is an organization with many people sharing responsibility for the content of its Website. Please help us respond to your comments and inquiries by sending them to the Faith Alliance. If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com.